Pre- and Post-Sales Service
To assist you in choosing the best product for your home, we’d like to offer a few suggestions.
When you come into our showroom to shop for hearth products, the following information would be very helpful:
- Bring photographs or sketches of the room in which you plan to have your unit installed.
- Tell us the approximate age of your home, if the site location is unusual (i.e. at the top of a hill), the chimney size (approximate height and inside opening), and how well your house is insulated.
- If you plan to purchase a fireplace insert, please download and complete the Fireplace Measurement Form. To measure for glass fireplace doors, please download the Glass Fireplace Doors Measurement Form. Links to both forms are below. Bring them with you when you visit our store.
- After your selection is made and an installation date is set, our trained, licensed hearth installer oversees the installation. We will obtain the applicable permits and provide our license and insurance information to your town authority.
- Wood and pellet installation require post-installation inspection by your local building inspector.
- Gas installations are slightly different. The tie-in to the gas line must be done by a licensed plumber or gas fitter, who will then arrange for the post-installation inspection. We do request that you not schedule the plumbing on the same day as the installation.