Feens Country Living is a long-established, family-owned business, located in Fitchburg, Massachusetts. We are proud authorized dealers of quality wood, pellet, and gas stoves, inserts, fireplaces, fireplace doors, and hearth accessories. Some of the brands we are authorized to sell and install include Jotul, Heat ’n Glo, Hearthstone, Regency, Enviro, Ironstrike (formerly known as Lennox), Vermont Castings, Peterson gas logs, and Stoll.
We understand that the purchase of a new or replacement wood, gas or pellet unit — whether it is a freestanding stove, fireplace, or fireplace insert — is a huge investment for homeowners. When it comes choosing a dealer/installer for this kind of home improvement, be sure to do your homework. Some “installers” may represent themselves as authorized dealers, but are not in fact authorized to represent the manufacturer. You can protect yourself and your investment by following these simple suggestions:
- Check with the Better Business Bureau for accreditation status of your dealer/installer. Feens Country Living is BBB accredited. Our listing can be found at: http://go.bbb.org/2eKJVu2
- Make sure the company is fully covered by workers’ compensation. Ask for an insurance binder, which should be provided with your building permit.
- Check in with your local building inspector if any major work is to be done. Local building codes can vary from state building codes.
- If the dealer is selling units, do they have a full-time brick and mortar retail store where you can actually look at and compare products? Our experts are here to help you to select the right product for your home and to answer your questions.
- Is the seller/installer an authorized dealer who can provide you with a manufacturer’s warranty?
- If purchasing a new or used unit online, ask the dealer and your local building inspector if the unit is approved for use in Massachusetts. Installing a non-compliant unit could affect any future homeowner’s insurance claims.
For more information on this topic, see this Mass.gov ARTICLE.